Batteries are a fundamental part of our society. Batteries are used to: start your car, power your watch, power your laptop, power your smartphone, power emergency lighting, start emergency generators, and much more! But how do batteries function? Why are there so many different types? And why have they found widespread application in everything from wristwatches to power stations?
After completing this course, you will be able to answer all these questions and many more.
In this course, you will learn:
- How batteries work (chemical reactions etc.).
- Battery terminology (Ah, specific gravity, voltaic cell etc.).
- Different battery designs and types (lead-acid, nickel-cadmium, mercury etc.).
- Battery hazards (shorting, gas generation etc.).
- Battery operations (series, parallel, primary, secondary etc.).
- And a lot more!
For more information and video preview, please visit the course page: