When the system neutral may not available, earthing transformer may be used to obtain the neutral. The neutral point of transformer to the earth ground network provides a reference point of zero volts.
This spreadsheet calculates the following parameters of a neutral earthing transformer:
- Total capacitive charging current (It).
- Neutral earthing transformer secondary current.
- Required grounding resistor value at primary side (Rp).
- Required resistance value at secondary side (Rsec).
- Neutral earthing transformer X/R Ratio
- Fault current through neutral – single line to ground fault (If)
- Rating of neutral earthing transformer (P).
|Software:||MS Excel Spreadsheet to calculate the size of neutral earthing transformer|
|Download:||Right here | Video Courses | Membership | Download Updates|