MV ring-main systems
Power systems are constructed can be operated as radial systems, ring-main systems or meshed systems. This technical article deals with nine most common topologies of ring-main systems, their characteristics and applications. Ring-main systems are common in the medium voltage range.
A large variety of ring-main systems are in operation with respect to permissible loading of the lines, reserve capability against outages, different arrangement of the feeding station and supply reliability.
Let’s discuss about characteristics of nine main topologies ring-main systems:
- Ring-Main System – Simple Topology
- Ring-Main System with Remote Station (Without Supply)
- Ring-Main System with Reserve Line
- Ring-Main System with Feeding Remote Station
- Ring-Main System as Tuple System
- Ring-Main System with Cross-Link
- Ring-Main System with Base Station
- Special-Spare Cable System
- Double-T Connection
PREMIUM Membership Required
This technical article/guide requires a Premium Membership. Get access to all premium HV/MV/LV technical articles, electrical engineering guides, and papers. Check out each plan’s benefits and choose the membership plan that works best for you or your organization.
You can choose an annually based Plus, Pro, or Enterprise membership plan.