Introduction to substations
Electrical power systems nowadays are generated, transmitted, and distributed in the form of alternating current. The electric power is produced at the power stations which are located in suitable places, generally quite away from the consumers.
It is delivered to the consumers through a large network of transmission and distribution. At many places in the line of the power system, it may be desirable and necessary to change some characteristic (e.g., voltage, AC to DC, frequency, power factor [pf], etc.) of electric supply.
- What Is the Substation?
- Classification of Substations:
- Comparison Between Outdoor and Indoor Substation
- Transformer Substations
- Equipment in a Transformer Substation
- Busbar Arrangements in Substations
- Key Diagram of 11 kV/400 V Indoor Substation