Objectives of Electrical Plan Review //
Content of Electrical Plan Review Booklet:
- Overcurrent Protection and Devices,
- Short-Circuit Calculations,
- Component Protection,
- Selective Coordination and
- Other Considerations
By reviewing this brochure, the Electrical Inspector, Electrical Contractor, Plan Examiner, Consulting Engineer and others will be able to:
Understand and discuss //
- The critical National Electrical Code® requirements regarding overcurrent protection.
- Short-circuit currents and the importance of overcurrent protection.
- Three ratings (voltage, ampere, and interrupting) of overcurrent protective devices.
- That the major sources of short-circuit currents are motors and generators.
- That transformers are NOT a source of short-circuit current.
- Calculation of short-circuit currents using the simple POINT-TO-POINT method and related charts.
- Current-limitation and use of let-through charts to determine the let-through current values (peak & RMS) when current-limiting overcurrent devices are used to protect electrical components.
- Series rated combinations and proper application of series rated combinations.
- Selective coordination of overcurrent protective devices.
- The meaning and importance of electrical terms commonly used relating to overcurrent protection.
- Maintenance, testing, resetting, and replacement requirements of overcurrent protective devices.
Realize and check //
- Realize that whenever overcurrent protection is discussed, the two most important issues are:
- How much current will flow?
- How long will the current flow?
- Electrical plans to determine conformance to the National Electrical Code® including:
- Short-circuit currents,
- Interrupting ratings,
- Short-circuit current (withstand) ratings,
- Selective coordination,
- Ground faults, grounding electrode conductors,
- Equipment grounding conductors, etc.
|Title:||Electrical Plan Review – Overcurrent Protection and Devices, Short-Circuit Calculations, Component Protection, Selective Coordination, and Other Considerations – COOPER Bussmann|
|Download:||Right here | Video Courses | Membership | Download Updates|