The course is designed to take you from zero to hero concerning electrical transformer knowledge. Even if you already have some electrical engineering knowledge, or work as an electrician, this course will serve as an efficient refresher. Interactive 3D models are used extensively to show you exactly how a transformer and its components work.
The course is packed with images, 2D animations and 3D animations and high quality written content. Written content has been read aloud so that you can ‘learn on the go’ without needing to watch the screen constantly.
In this course, you will learn:
- How electrical transformers work.
- How to identify different types of electrical transformer.
- The name and function of all of a transformer’s main components.
- How Buchholz relay work.
- How silica gel breather work
- The purpose of a conservator tank.
- What ONAN means.
- Why we need transformers in the electrical grid.
- Where transformers are installed in the electrical grid.
- And much more!
Even your smartphone and laptop use transformers to charge their batteries. But what are transformers? How do they work? And why do we need them?
This course will help you answer all of these questions and many more!
Who Is This Course For
- A desire to learn.
- Some electrical engineering knowledge is beneficial, but lessons are explained in depth to allow students to build their knowledge from the ground up.
- A bit of background engineering knowledge would be useful but is not essential.
If you are interested in knowing how electricity reaches your home, are an electrician, a hobby learner, a power engineer, an experienced electrical engineer, or, anywhere in between, this course is for you.
Anyone who is working or training in an electrical engineering, industrial engineering or power engineering role.
Downloadable course materials
After purchasing the course, students can download the following documents:
- Design Of Transformers (PDF)
- Construction and Maintenance of High Voltage Power Transformers (For Students) (PDF)
- Transformers and equipment in underground distribution systems (PDF)
- The basics of power transformers in transmission and distribution grids (PDF)
- The basics of power transformers in electrical T&D grids (PDF)
- Basic principles and operation of a transformer (PDF)
- Best practice guide for power transformer maintenance (PDF)
- The basics of power transformer - Theory, operation, testing and protection (PDF)
- Three-Phase Transformer Design - Geometry, Delta-Wye Connections, and Many More (PDF)