In this course, the purpose and methods for reactive power compensation are shown. Unlike numerous articles which cover only theoretical and technical aspects of this issue, practical problems from engineering practice and financial aspects are considered as well. As illustration, numerical examples can be found at the end of this video.
Some design and installation issues that shall be considered in practice will be explained. All major subjects will be illustrated in the form of numerical examples.
- What is Reactive Power, Power Triangle
- What is Reactive Power Compensation
- Types of Reactive Power Compensation
- Design, Installation and Configuration Issues of Reactive Power Compensation
- Calculation Examples
Who Is This Course For
- Above all, junior electrical engineers and power engineering students.
- Everyone else who is dealing with industrial power management may also find this course to be interesting.
Basic understanding of electrical power engineering.
Downloadable course materials
After purchasing the course, students can download the following documents:
- Reactive power control in distribution substations - Design and economics (PDF)
- Instructions on how to achieve reactive power compensation (PDF)
- Power factor correction calculations for power system (MS Excel Spreadsheet, XLSX)