Welcome to our course “The Substation Fundamentals Course”. A power substation is an essential part of an electrical generation, transmission, and distribution system. The assembly of apparatus used to change some characteristics (e.g. voltage, frequency, p.f., A.C. to D.C., etc.) of an electrical supply is called a substation.
This course tackles the most important aspects of a power substation (basic theory, electrical equipment, earthing, and design guidelines).
- The purpose of electrical substations
- Insulators & conductors, and their importance in power system
- Instrumental transformers including the current & potential or voltage transformer
- Electrical substation design
- Ring main unit in power system
For more information visit the course page: