This course deals with the protection and control principles of high voltage stations. Starting with system faults and how they affect switchyard configuration and elements, simple “Differential Protection” is examined along with the maloperation due to CT saturation and mismatch. High voltage circuit breakers are examined as to the various Types (Oil, Vacuum, Air Blast, SF6) and their closing, tripping, and anti-pumping controls.
The course will pay attention to the Reclosure Syncrocheck relay, as well as Breakers Failure Protection and Dynamic Monitoring Equipment. Transfer and remote tripping are discussed along with the need to provide immunity from ground rise potential and open-circuit situations.
- Overview of Stations
- Relaying in General
- Instrument Transformers
- Transformer Configurations Connections and Cooling
- Surge Protective Equipment
- High Voltage Circuit Breakers
- Breaker Control and Auto Reclosing
- Instantaneous and Timed Overcurrent Protection
- Differential Protection
- Impedance Relaying
- The Final Exam With 29 Questions
For more information, please visit the course page:
There are no reviews yet.