This course will provide the student with the basic understanding of working with circuits involving Alternation Current, which includes sinusoidal waveforms, vectors and phasors, reactance & impedance of R, L, C circuits, as they relate to the basic laws and theorems of electricity.
This includes working with AC power, power factor, resonance, complex numbers, reactance and impedance.
- Alternating Current
- Vectors and Phasors
- Reactance and Impedance RLC Circuits
- Kirchhoff’s Laws in AC Circuits
- Power flow in AC Circuits
- The Final Exam With 18 Questions
Who Is This Course For
Anyone wanting to understand the basic concepts of electricity as it applies to linear AC circuit analysis: resistors, capacitors, and inductors.
The student should have an understanding of the basic terms of electricity and AC circuits.
Downloadable course materials
After purchasing the course, students can download the following materials:
- The basics of single-phase and three-phase AC circuits for students (pdf)
- Lessons In AC Electrical Circuits (pdf)
- Fundamentals of electrical engineering – Lecture notes in 3-phase circuits (pdf)
- Concepts in electric circuits for engineers beginners (pdf)