This course is meant to eliminate the mysticism of electrical power system calculation. You will learn how to use real, reactive, and complex power in the analysis of AC circuits. You will also learn how to calculate power factor correction (PFC) and power in three-phase circuits.
Clear easy to understand derived formulas using only algebra and a minimum of trigonometry. The slides are clear and crisp using sequential animation to gently guide the student through the logic.
- Power and Energy Defined
- Power in Reactive Circuits
- Power Trig Identities
- Power, Real and Reactive
- Power More on Average, Real and Reactive
- Power – Complex Power
- Power Factor Correction
- Power in Three-Phase Circuits
- The Final Exam With 25 Questions
Who Is This Course For
Electrical Engineers, Technologist, Technicians, Students.
Basic understanding of Math, Algebra, Trigonometry.
Downloadable course materials
After purchasing the course, students can download the following documents:
- Reactive power control in distribution substations (design and economics) (PDF)
- Power Factor Correction: Theory, Methods, Applications, Specification and Installation (PDF)
0% Complete 0/2 Steps
Accessing this course requires a login. Please enter your credentials below!