This course is designed to provide a complete overview of AC electric circuit analysis used in electrical engineering and electronics engineering. In this course, you will learn everything about AC electric circuits and electronics, from the basics such as what sinusoids are, all the way to key characteristics of AC circuits such as impedance, admittance, power factor, and complex power.
The course is divided into the following sections:
1. AC Steady-State Electric Circuit Analysis
We will begin by defining sinusoids and their components since these are key concepts to understand for further analysis of AC circuits. We will then discuss the voltage-current relationship in resistors, capacitors, and inductors. We will finish the section by defining two important characteristics of AC circuits: impedance and admittance.
2. Power in AC Circuits
Having defined the fundamentals of AC circuits, we will then move into power calculations in AC circuits, since this is the starting point for further studies in AC circuits.
By learning all the fundamentals about AC electric circuit analysis, you will be able to continue studying other topics in electrical engineering, electronics engineering, and computer engineerings, such as analog electronics, circuit design, electric machines, power systems, and more.
- Course introduction
- AC Steady-State Electric Circuit Analysis
- Power In AC Circuits
Who Is This Course For
- Anybody with an interest in learning about electrical, electronics, or computer engineering.
- This is an introductory course, no prior engineering experience is required
- Basic knowledge of algebra
Downloadable course materials
After purchasing the course, students can download the following materials:
- Lessons In AC Electrical Circuits (pdf)
- The basics of single-phase and three-phase AC circuits (pdf)