This course is designed for anyone who would like to learn about solar energy from A to Z for electrical engineers, solar designers, and all who are interested in working in the solar energy field. The course has 11 sections, 58 lectures in 11h 43m total length.
What you will learn in this course:
- Construction of the PV (Photovoltaic) cells, the connection of PV cells including series and parallel and when to use each of them, advantages and disadvantages of PV cells
- Sun tracking to get max output power from PV Cells and techniques of MPPT (Maximum power point Tracking)
- Effect of insolation, temperature and load resistance on power
- Grid-Tied system, its components, advantages, and disadvantages
- Off-Grid system, its components, advantages, and disadvantages
- Hybrid Solar system, its components, advantages, and disadvantages
- Different Types of solar cells and their efficiency, junction box and how to wire it
- Determination of the PV max voltage and power consumption demands
- Solar PV System design including design of PV modules, inverter, battery, solar charge controller, and MPPT charge controller.
- Iron core which is responsible for the magnetic flux action
- Off-grid system design by using the PVsyst program.
- Grounding of the PV system and solar kit.
- On-grid system design by PVsyst program.
- Effect of temperature and insolation on V-I Curve.
- Charging of lead-acid batteries and hydrometers.
- The cycle of batteries.
- Shading and tilt angle.
- Single line diagram of the PV system and selection of fuses and breakers.
- Simulation of PV cell in MATLAB and obtaining V-I characteristics.
- Design of Off-grid PV system using an Excel sheet.
- Function, types, and datasheet of inverter
- PWM and MPPT charge controllers
- Solar wires and cables installation process
- PV installation, short circuit and open circuit tests using avometer
- Principle of operation of the solar water pumping system
- Solar pumping system design
- Protection of PV system, strings, and protection of arrays.
- Protection devices for transformer, inverter protection, and surge protection device.
- On-grid system design by hand calculations.
- Off-grid system design an extra example.
- Parallel and series connection in PV System.
- Construction and types of batteries.
- Maintenance of batteries and methods of charging.
- Importance of the charge controller.
- Inverter selection.
- Difference between 3 busbars and 5 busbars and how to select AC busbar and DC busbar.
- Solar cells, modules, and arrays.
- PV energy according to Area.
- Selection and datasheet of the panel.
- Basics Of Solar Energy System
- Batteries In PV System
- Components And Design Of Off Grid Solar Energy System
- Designing Of On Grid Solar Energy System
- Design of PV System Using PVSyst Program
- Protection Of PV System
- Design Using Excel Sheet
- Single Line Diagram Of PV System
- MATLAB and ETAP PV Simulation
- Certificate of Completion
Who Is This Course For:
- Solar enthusiasts
- Electrical power engineers
- Electrical students
- Anyone who wants to get knowledge about solar system or PV System
- Complete beginners with zero solar experience or knowledge
- No prior Knowledge!
- Passion to Learn!
Downloadable course materials
After purchasing the course, students can download the following materials:
- Course Slides (PDF)
- Know-How on Electrical Fuses (PDF)
- PV System Off Grid (AutoCAD (PDF)
- Solar PV System Design Tool (MS Excel Spreadsheet, PDF)
- Software PVsyst 6.43
0% Complete 0/15 Steps
0% Complete 0/13 Steps
0% Complete 0/2 Steps
0% Complete 0/8 Steps
0% Complete 0/1 Steps
0% Complete 0/1 Steps
Accessing this course requires a login. Please enter your credentials below!