The main features which have encouraged many researchers to investigate the feasibility of designing digital relays for power system protection are its economy, reliability, flexibility, improved performance over conventional relays and the possibility of integrating a digital relay into the hierarchical computer system.
In this course, mentioned features (economy, reliability, flexibility, and performance ) are illustrated, and the advantages of using digital techniques are pointed. This course is the first of a Digital Power System Protection series.
After completing this course, the student will be able to:
- Understand principles of Digital Power System Protection System.
- Be ready for studying digital power system protection algorithms and applications.
- Digital against analog processing techniques.
- Advantages of using digital techniques in power systems protection.
- Digital relay structure.
- Organization of hierarchical protection systems.
- Knowledge of basic electrical principles
- A basic understanding of electrical engineering
Downloadable course materials
After purchasing the course, students can download the following document:
- Lessons in digital electric circuits: Fundamentals of solving the problems (PDF)