This course covers low voltage electrical systems, and it’s particularly designed to introduce you, help you, and train you in electrical drafting using AutoCAD. It will enhance your career and make you a skilled professional design engineer in the field of electrical drafting.
Electrical drafting is a key role in the Electrical design field. This is a fast-paced program designed to present all major topics related to the design of Electrical Building Services. Learners will learn concept theory of drafting, system design, AutoCAD software, and Electrical services drafting.
To make learning easy and interesting, the completed course is divided into three sections:
- Basics of Electrical Drafting
- AutoCAD Software
- Electrical Services Drafting
In the first section ‘Basics of Electrical Drafting‘, we’ll discuss some basic means of drafting, why the drafting of plans is needed and important and how these drawings are helpful for the world. We’ll also discuss some essential steps that every designer should follow in drafting the plans in AutoCAD or any other software.
In the ‘AutoCAD Software‘ section, we will discuss how to work with AutoCAD, how to make changes in AutoCAD settings, project settings, etc., how to draw figures and edit them, modify the existing figures and much more.
Finally, in the third section ‘Electrical Services Drafting ‘ you will be introduced to the electrical services layouts. Starting with the Electrical Legends where you will learn how to draw electrical symbols in AutoCAD, we will move to the Single Line Diagram (SLD) of the low voltage system.
SLD is the heart of the electrical system not only in the execution phase but also during execution, operation and maintenance.
This certificate training course introduces the basic range of Electrical Building Services including the topics: electrical legends, lighting layouts, raw power layouts, wiring layouts, conduit layouts, cable trays, CCTV systems, etc.
We are sure that you will be confident to use the software AutoCAD and draw the electrical plans after you finished this course.
- Working in AutoCAD
- Design of single line diagrams
- Design of lighting layouts
- Design of power load layouts
- Design of wiring layouts
- Design of cable trays
- Design of conduit layouts
- Design of CCTV layouts
Who Is This Course For
- Electrical Graduates and Freshers
- Electrical Designers and Operators
- Site Engineers & Technicians
- AutoCAD software
- Passion to learning
- Basic technical knowledge
Downloadable course materials
After purchasing the course, students can download the following documents:
- Office Lighting Calculation
- Light Switches and Power Sockets Catalogue
- Lighting Plan Levels
- Earthing and Lightning Protection Guide (.pdf)
- Lightnin Protection Standard (.pdf)
- Lightning Protection Important Tables and Notes (.pdf)
- Handbook of Lighting Design (.pdf)
- Lighting - Illumination
- Lighting Situations
- Different Types of Light Fixtures
- Drawings (.DWG) and Excel Calculations (.XLSX)