This course will teach you how to calculate, design, and measure earthing and grounding systems. It covers all of the earthing issues you can deal with in real-life applications. You will also learn step potential, touch potential, mesh potential, transfer potential, etc., which are fundamental concepts for designing earthing systems.
In the General Overview section, you will learn why we need earthing and grounding systems and the essentials of TN, TT, and IT grounding systems.
In the Measurement section, you will learn how to measure and calculate soil resistivity with different methods like the variation of depth method, Wenner method, and Schlumberger–Palmer method.
In the Design section, you will learn various earthing topologies that you can use in your projects. A comprehensive example of the earthing system design is included in the Design section.
In the Calculation section, you will learn each calculation method for different earthing system topologies like a single earthing rod, single earthing plate, earthing conductor mesh systems without earthing rods, earthing conductor mesh systems with earthing rods, etc.
- General Overview of Earthing and Grounding Systems
- Earthing Systems Calculations
- Earthing System Design
- Earthing System Measurements
Who Is This Course For
Electrical engineers, technicians, electrical engineering students, anyone who wants to learn electrical power networks
Basic electrical circuit theory knowledge
Downloadable course materials
After purchasing the course, students can download the following documents:
- Earthing system calculation for 132/11 kV, 1×40 MVA substation of steel factory (PDF)
- Earthing system design tool for low voltage installations (XSLX)
- Design, installation, testing and maintenance of main earthing systems in substations (PDF)
- Earthing systems in medium and low voltage electrical networks (PDF)
- Earthing design in electrical networks and installations (PDF)
- Power System Earthing Guide (PDF)
- Guidelines for earthing in maritime installations (PDF)