This course provides an in-depth analysis of the fundamental issues in the PQ discipline considering related standards, practical case studies.
- Understanding the fundamental concepts of power quality (PQ) problems (types, characteristics, and causes) and related standards.
- Understanding different stages and procedures required to conduct and implement on-site PQ scurvies.
- Knowledge of different PQ monitoring equipment and techniques and capability of selecting appropriate equipment for monitoring a given phenomenon.
- Identification of PQ problems mitigation equipment and techniques as well as study of the effect of earthing system quality of PQ-state and study of power quality disturbances related to inadequate earthing systems.
- Understanding of requirements, objectives, planning, and properties of earthing systems and study of related standards.
- Understanding various issues related to earth electrode subsystems.
- Understanding techniques for various earth/earthing systems resistance measurements and analysis of various affecting parameters.
- Design of earthing systems for various applications considering various reasonable configurations.
- Troubleshooting of various earthing systems caused problems.
- Power Quality (PQ)
- Earthing (Grounding) Systems
- Wiring and Grounding for Power Quality (PQ)
Who Is This Course For
- Electrical engineering students
- Electrical Engineers
- Instrument Engineers
- Power system designers
- Safety engineers
- Basic electrical engineering
- Passion and patience for learning
Downloadable course materials
After purchasing the course, students can download the following documents:
- About the course: Earthing Systems and Power Quality (PDF)
- Power Quality Basics (PDF)
- Monitoring Equipment and Techniques (PDF)
- Practical Earthing (Grounding) Systems (PDF)
- Earth Electrode Subsystem (PDF)
- Wiring and Grounding for Power Quality (PDF)