This course is the second part of a series, “Electrical Designing and Drafting Course.” It introduces the student to various electrical calculations and the comprehensive chapter for learning AutoCAD from scratch to professional level (60 lessons + real project included in DWG).
After completing this course, you will have high confidence in your electrical design using AutoCAD. All calculations and explanations are as per the NEC and other international codes and standards.
We strongly advise you to (if you didn’t already) take the first part of this course.
- Cables & Cable Sizing: This chapter explores the very important part of electrical design. Introduction of Cables, cable sizes, parts of the cable, types of insulation, important points related to cable, size calculation, etc.
- Voltage Drop Calculation: Voltage drop calculation is must important during the calculation of cables, in this chapter, you will learn Voltage Drop Calculation in a cable.
- Short Circuit Calculation: Here we have the Short circuit current capacity calculation for proposed cables, calculate the CB tripping time.
- Cable Tray Size Calculation: After cable size calculation we have the concept of cable tray, through which cable runs from one point to another. This chapter explains cable tray size calculation.
- Earthing: Earthing is very important for any building, electrical equipment, so here you will learn the earthing concept and calculation of earthing pit, strip, rod, etc.
- AutoCAD Training (61 Lessons): This section relates to the software part, where this AutoCAD chapter you will learn how to use AutoCAD in a professional manner, control keys, function keys, basic drawing commands, modifying commands, editing commands, dimension commands, block/layer, print commands, etc, plus practice.
- Assignment: At the end, you have given a Real-Time Project for ground + five floors. You have to do all the calculations for a complete electrical design for this building.
- Introduction and Course Overview
- Power Cables
- Voltage Drop Calculation
- Short Circuit Calculation
- Cable Trays
- AutoCAD Complete Training (61 lectures)
Who Is This Course For
- Electrical Graduates and Freshers
- Electrical Designers and Operators
- Site Engineers & Technicians
- Passion to learning
- Basic technical knowledge
Downloadable course documents
After purchasing the course, students can download the following documents:
- Assignment Project and Tutorial (DWG)
- Cable Catalogues (PDF)
0% Complete 0/1 Steps
0% Complete 0/3 Steps
0% Complete 0/3 Steps
0% Complete 0/5 Steps
0% Complete 0/61 Steps
Accessing this course requires a login. Please enter your credentials below!