This course is dedicated to students who want to learn how electrical installations are done on-site during execution stages. The course shows how electrical 1st, 2nd and 3rd fix must be installed. This includes installation of PVC, metallic and flexible conduits, cable trays, panels, distribution boards (DB) and wire termination, and finally testing.
The course consists of 38 lessons in 3 hours 38 mins total length.
In Chapter 2, and as part of the Second Fix Stage, you will learn how wires must be pulled inside conduits. Pulling of wires must be done considering the conduit fill ratio that must be calculated before pulling wires which will be explained in detail in this chapter.
Following the next chapter, you will come across the electric panels, distribution board (DB) installation and wire termination. Here you will also learn how distribution boards and capacitor banks are installed. In addition to that, you will be able to find out how wires are pulled to the panels and how dressing and termination are done.
By reaching this stage of the course, the Cable and Wire Testing chapter will guide you on how to test cables and wires using the Megger testing device.
In particular, this chapter will show you practically how to perform the Megger (Insulation) test of cables and wires using the megger device through real videos performed during the site execution stage to ensure the quality of cables and wires before energizing the project.
In the last chapter of this course (Third Fix Stage), and after the first, second and testing stages are explained, you will learn how light fixtures and power sockets are installed in ceilings and walls to finalize the electrical installations before the energisation and operation of the project.
- Installing PVC, metallic and flexible conduits
- Installing cable trays and trunks
- How wires must be pulled inside conduits
- Installing and wiring electric panels, distribution board (DB) installation (incl. wire termination)
- Pulling wires to panels, wires dressing and termination
- Testing cables and wires using the Megger testing device
- Installing light fixtures and power sockets ceilings and walls
Who Is This Course For
- Electrical Graduates and Freshers
- Electrical Designers and Operators
- Site Engineers & Technicians
- Passion to learning
- Basic technical knowledge
Downloadable course materials
After purchasing the course, students can download the following documents:
- Continuity and Insulation Test Requirements (pdf)
- Flexible-Steel-Conduit British Standards (pdf)
- Guide to DB Installations (pdf)
- Installation of Cable Tray _ Trunking (pdf)
- Installation of Capacitor Banks (pdf)
- Installation of Light Fittings (pdf)
- Installation of PVC and GI conduits (pdf)
- Installation of Switches & Sockets (pdf)
- Installation of Wires and Cables & Testing (pdf)
- Method Statement for Termination & Glanding (pdf)
- Non-Metallic Conduit British Standards (pdf)
- Pulling Wires in PVC & GI Conduit Procedures (pdf)
- Pulling Wires in Trunking Procedures (pdf)
- TG16-Conduit-Fill-Requirements (pdf)
- DB Details (pdf)
- Electrical Details Model 2 (pdf)
- Electrical Details Model 3 (pdf)
- Electrical Details Model 11 (pdf)
- Electrical Details Model (pdf)
- Floor tray (pdf)