This course will teach you to design and implement the most common motor starter for industrial automation applications – the Direct On-line (DOL) Motor Starter. We will build a complete circuit diagram and explain in detail all the circuit components, both for power and control circuits.
You will learn how to properly dimension (size) all the power circuit components. After this course you will understand the following:
- Symbols (IEC/NFPA).
- Power circuit components such as fuse, contactor, motor overload switch – motor protection circuit breaker (MPCB).
- Control circuit components such as START/STOP pushbuttons, emergency stop pushbutton, signal lamps (aka pilot .lights), relay and it’s role etc.
- Power circuit
- Control circuit
- Signal circuit
- Overload relay, fuse monitoring solution
- Contactor VS Relay (with examples)
- NFPA style symbols in this circuit diagram
Who Is This Course For
- Electrical designer
- Panel builder and Panel wireman
- Electrical Engineering, Industrial, Automation graduates
- Students of electrical engineering, industrial automation
- System integrator
- Basic knowledge of electrical engineering
- Basic understanding of electrical symbols
- Working knowledge of some drafting software – to replicate what we do in lessons
Please note that Ivan is not a certified trainer for EPLAN products nor EPLAN partner. Video courses by Ivan Vidovic presented on EEP Academy that are demonstrating how to work in the Eplan Electric P8 computer program are solely his work and are not endorsed nor approved nor certified by the manufacturer of the aforementioned computer program. EEP Academy does not sell EPLAN products nor is an official representative of EPLAN company or EPLAN products.
For the purchase of the aforementioned computer program and/or for official training on how to use this computer program and/or for official certification and/or for official support contact the owner/manufacturer of the aforementioned computer program which is: EPLAN Software & Service GmbH & Co. KG, An der alten Ziegelei 2, DE – 40789 Monheim am Rhein.