This course is the first part of a multi-part course series about one of the main areas of electrical engineering: power system analysis. Power system analysis is the core of power engineering and its understanding is therefore essential for a career in this field. In this course, you will learn the fundamentals of power system analysis.
The course is divided into the following sections:
Power in Single-Phase AC Circuits:
In section 1, we will start discussing the analysis of power systems, starting from power analysis in single-phase circuits. We will also be discussing the power triangle, complex power, and power flow, which are all key concepts needed to understand more complex topics in power system analysis. We will finish the section with a practice test (includes detailed solutions).
Power in Three-Phase AC Circuits:
Section 2 is where we get to the core of a power system analysis, i.e., three-phase circuits. We will discuss the types of arrangements of power system loads (e.g., delta or wye connected loads) and will introduce the concept of per-phase analysis of balanced loads. We will finish the section with a practice test (includes detailed solutions).
In each section, several examples are solved to illustrate how to analyze real-world power systems. By learning all the fundamentals of power system analysis, you will be able to continue your study of power system analysis for a career in power engineering and electrical engineering.
See you in the course!
- The types and connections of power system loads
- Three-phase power analysis
- Fundamentals of Power Engineering
- The power triangle, complex power, and complex power flow
- Use of per-phase analysis of balanced three-phase systems
Who Is This Course For
- Anybody with an interest in learning about power systems and power engineering
- Basic knowledge of AC circuits
- Prior knowledge of circuit analysis
Downloadable course documents
After purchasing the course, students can download the following documents:
- Course Exam with Solutions (PDF)