This course is dedicated to students who are looking to acquire electrical low voltage power design experience from scratch. In fact, this course covers low voltage distribution system design-related topics in a total duration of 10 hours.
Essentially, the course begins Section 1 by introducing the well-known drawing software “AutoCAD”, by emphasizing its different toolbar options for the purpose of preparing the student to be familiar with its use. Consequently, lighting design and lux calculations using DIALux software are fully explained in Section 2 for the aim of preparing for the lighting distribution system that will be explained and designed as the following step in Section 3.
Once reaching this stage of the course, you will have to perform a range of low voltage system-related calculations of sizing Transformers, Generators, Cables, Circuit Breakers, calculations of voltage drop and short circuit current levels, and power factor correction to ensure a safe design for the entire system for the aim of reflecting the calculated values in the single line diagram of the project.
All these calculations will be explained separately in detail using simple steps that you will be able to apply manually and with the help of predefined Excel sheets for solving different formulas in Section 6.
The last Section 7 of this course covers the earthing and lightning system topics emphasizing their different types, components and the appropriate methods to design these systems in accordance with international standards.
Furthermore, design topics in this course are explained in accordance with explored pictures of different electrical equipment that are installed on the site for the purpose of clarifying the bond between the design and real site installations. Besides, the course is enhanced with a variety of helpful resources that are attached to it (XLSX, DOC, DWG, and PDF).
- Electrical Design in AutoCAD
- Lighting and Power Distribution Design
- Solving several Electrical Low Voltage Related Equations Manually and By Using Excel Sheets
- Gathering of the precise information needed from other engineering departments
- Lighting Design in DiaLux
- Defining Engineering Formulas in Excel Sheets
- Coordinating with other teams when designing an electrical system
- Design of Earthing and Lightning Systems
- Certificate of Completion
Who Is This Course For
- Electrical Engineers
- Electrical Draughtsmen
- Electrical Designers
- Electrical Fresh Graduates
- Have a basic Electrical Engineering knowledge
Downloadable course materials
After purchasing the course, students can download dozen of:
- AutoCAD drawings (.dwg) of lighting, power distribution, lightning plan, symbols, etc.
- Electrical calculation tools in MS Excel Spreadsheet (.xlsx)
- Electrical equipment catalogues (circuit breakers, lighting, earthing, etc.)