This power engineering course will teach basic concepts like current, voltage, power, energy, impedance concepts with complex numbers math, and the difference between single-phase and three-phase systems. In addition to basic concepts, you will get information about electrical components in the electrical power sector like transformers, circuit breakers, fuses, power cables, etc.
Lastly, you will have a general idea about how electricity comes to our homes from power plants and some fundamental principles in the generation, transmission, and distribution systems of electrical power.
- Basic Concepts of Electrical Energy
- Power System Components
- From power Plant To Home
Who Is This Course For
- Technicians and engineers that work in electrical power sectors like generation, distribution or transmission of electric and also industrial areas.
- Electrical engineering students.
- Anyone who wants to learn about electrical power engineering.
Having basic knowledge about electrical circuit theory.
Downloadable course documents
After purchasing the course, students can download the following documents:
- Voltage-and-Current-Measurement-in-Modern-High-Voltage-Substations (PDF)
- Design overview and analysis of 11-0.415 kV, 500 kVA power substation in Nigeria (PDF)
- Practical handbook for substation operation & maintenance engineers (PDF)
- Design process for the new primary substation - Structure selection and calculations (PDF)
- The basic power substation theory for students (PDF)
- Fault current selection for a circuit breaker from a substation layout (PDF)
- Design guidelines for substation and power distribution systems of buildings (PDF)
- Design of an improved distribution substation in the city of Ethiopia (PDF)
- Reactive power control in distribution substations - Design and economics (PDF)
- Primary-side protection of distribution substation transformers (PDF)