Planning of an electrical design project starts with power calculations. This is always the first step in dimensioning a low voltage power system.
Simaris Design is, according to our experience, by far the best software to quickly set up a project, create single-line diagrams, and output all the needed documents (project documentation, different list in Excel, e.g. busbar, cable, device settings, selectivity documentation, etc., single-line diagrams in PDF and DWG/DXF).
When creating single line diagrams in Simaris Design the devices you use are grouped into three categories:
- System infeed: (transformer with primary and secondary side, transformer only with secondary side, coupling to use when you have also emergency power supply, like a diesel aggregate (generator) etc.)
- Distribution boards: (with busbars, without busbar, sub-distribution boards etc.)
- Final circuits: (electrical consumers) ranging from general devices, motors (including DOL, soft starter, reverse-duty and frequency converter), power outlets up to special dummy loads. You even have a possibility to insert a charging unit for electric cars.
SIMARIS design options:
- Thanks to the option to visualize and calculate parallel network operation, different power sources such as transformers and generators can be operated in the same network.
- In the context of automatic selectivity evaluation, selectivity thresholds are displayed in addition to the characteristic current-time curve and the corresponding envelope curves.
- There is the option to analyse and optimize the energy efficiency of the network to be designed.
- The representation of an active and passive changeover in the safety supply is possible owing to the integration of general and directed couplings into the network diagram (sub-distribution level included).
- Distribution boards can be mapped as equivalent impedances which can be incorporated into the calculation, acting as substitutes for parts of the network which cannot yet be specified more precisely.
We highly recommend this software to all of you who work in the electrical engineering field.
- Download, install and register Simaris Design and Simaris Curves
- First steps in Simaris – workspace, sections, settings
- Basic and advanced single line diagrams
- Dimensioning power cables (including special topic – harmonic content)
- Tips & Tricks on Simaris Design and Simaris Curves and recapitulation
Who Is This Course For
- Students of electrical engineering
- Electricians, Engineers, Technicians
- Maintenance department in factories when planning new investments in production
- Construction site engineers to quickly plan and dimension their low voltage installation
- Engineering offices when desinging new electrical and automation systems
- Anyone who needs ocasional dimensioning of their low voltage installations
Student needs to understand the basics of power calculations.