In this course, you will learn how to calculate voltage drop in single phase, balanced three-phase and unbalanced three-phase power systems. You will learn short circuit calculations with two different methods namely “Fault impedance method” and “Symmetrical Components method“.
You will also learn per unit system for short circuit current calculations.
- Voltage Drop Analysis
- Fault Current Analysis – Fault Impedance Method
- Symmetrical Components Method
- Capacitive Fault Currents in Line-to-Ground Faults
Who Is This Course For
Basic electrical circuit theory knowledge
Electrical engineers, technicians, electrical engineering students, anyone who wants to learn electrical power networks
Downloadable course materials
After purchasing the course, students can download the following documents and tools:
- Voltage drop calculations: Formulas, phasor diagram and real-world examples (PDF)
- Voltage drop calculations and design of urban distribution feeders (PDF)
- Voltage drop calculations: MS Excel Spreadsheet (XLSX)
- Motor Voltage Drop Calculator: MS Excel Spreadsheet (XLSX)